Dr. Cristy Lopez: Building Relationship Capital and the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse with Relationship with Dan Kuschell
“You become who you hang around most of the time.”
~ Dan Kuschell
Today relationships play a critical role in building long term success – personally and professionally. You can go from a Disaster to a Master in relationships. It’s more than just sparking relationships, it’s about creating something significant.
You’re going to learn how to create healthy productive relationships, expand your relationship capital with Dr. Cristy Lopez. She’s a psychologist, coach, and speaker and has worked with thousands of clients in her practice. She’s also been an expert on TV, with shows like Dr. Phil, Downsized, and more.
The full episode is here: https://growthtofreedom.com/37
Get more clarity, capabilities, and confidence and join us for a new show at http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Here’s a glimpse of the strategies you’ll walk away with today:
- How the family of origin story can play a significant role in learning about relationships;
- The foundation in education that sets you up to fail – “The 3 R’s”;
- What is a relationship? What does it mean?
- The big lie around relationships with technology: false intimacy appearing real;
- The solution for feeling defensive or the need to go on the offensive;
- “Awareness and then accurately know what’s going on is the first step” –Dr. Cristy Lopez
- “Physiology is the greatest influence of behavior” –Dr. Cristy Lopez
- The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse in Relationships by John M. Gottman: 1-Criticism, 2-Defensiveness, 3-Contempt, 4-Stonewalling/Disconnection;
- The way you start a conversation with someone dictates/predicts the way the relationship is going to go;
- In any situation you can respond, react, or over-react to it;
- “Your brain wants a story. It makes something up and usually something that’s not true.” –Dr. Cristy Lopez
- How to know if you’re setting yourself up to be a better victim;
- What’s the cost to stay in a destructive, dysfunctional relationship – in a heightened state of fight or flight;
- When you’re in a healthy (versus distant) relationship, things amplify, magnify, and grow;
- The keys to effective communication when you’re in conflict (HINT: you stay connected);
- How “Tit for Tat” is a high indicator of destructive relationships, break-ups, and divorce;
- How to have effective, supportive, productive relationships;
- How to get unstuck: Mindset, decide, know what a good relationship looks like, be considerate of your partner, and then have awareness of “How do you want to conduct yourself?”
- How being aware of “the bids” or others “making a bid” to connect with you may bridge or break the relationship;
- The replacements and alternatives for the Four Horseman Apocalypse;
- And much, much more
Whether you’re a busy executive or in a career transition, need help with your marriage, or looking for a coach, Dr. Cristy Lopez can show you how to transform your life, career, business, and relationships.
Contact Dr. Cristy Lopez by going to http://www.cristylopezphd.com or contact her office at 602-323-7824.
ABOUT DAN KUSCHELL:
Dan Kuschell is a success driven business growth strategist, a media contributor, and thought leader. He helps entrepreneurs, leaders, and business owners grow and scale their companies 10x by driving the flow of elegant ideas, execution, and team-culture for greater clarity, confidence, and direction. Dan has been recognized worldwide for creating results with his resources, books, and strategies.
Meet Dan at http://www.DanKuschell.com
Get more access to Dan’s wisdom here: http://www.youtube.com/ChampionVision
Watch/Listen to the show: http://www.growthtofreedom.com
Tweet us at: https://twitter.com/dan_kuschell
Follow us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/dankuschellpage
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dankuschell/